- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn Webinar – Supporting Grieving Children and Teens During COVID-19 and Beyond
October 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Professional development workshops are sponsored by a partnership between the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Riveredge Hospital, and Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System.
Presenters: Lauren Wozniak, LCPC, ATR, Program Director, Willow House
Overview: This presentation will include the developmental stages of grief from infant to 18 years old. Best practices will be discussed when supporting grieving clients such as story telling, expressing feelings, and continuing bonds. The secondary losses that come along with grief and COVID-19 will also be discussed. Self care for the practitioner is also explored.
- To become aware of the developmental stages of grief in children and teens
- Learn best practices when talking with and supporting grieving children and teens
- Review tools and coping skills to utilize in your own practice with clients
- Consider the impact of dementia on a person and family
- Learn how one can explore their own feelings around grief and practice self care
Continuing Education Credits: 2.0 CEU’s are available for LCSW, LCPC, LSW, LPC and QIDP
Following the event, attendees will receive an email with a link to the online evaluation to complete. Once the evaluation response window closes, CEU certificates will be emailed. This process takes approximately 14 days following the event.
Registration Fee: $10 (payment must be made online at the time of registration).
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Sponsored by the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township.