Oak Park Township offers many services that are available to residents throughout the community.
Please review the qualifications for these services below, stop by our offices, or give us a call for further details.
RTA Transit Permits
Oak Park Township offers RTA reduced fare cards to enable eligible individuals to ride public transportation systems for half price.
We serve as a processing center for the RTA Reduced Fare Card applications for seniors 65 years and older and people with disabilities*.
Processing for all RTA programs available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Photographs are available for first-time applicants for no charge.
Please pick up an application at the Township Administration office:
105 S. Oak Park Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
*Required Documentation: State I.D., Driver’s license or Passport; additional documentation may be requested.
RTA Customer Service Centers
The RTA Customer Service Center located at 69 W Washington in Chicago has permanently closed as of December 4, 2015.
Customers in need of walk-in assistance can now visit one of the following four City of Chicago locations where The RTA is now co-located:
- City of Chicago Family & Support Services - City Hall, 121 N LaSalle St Room 100
- Southwest Regional Senior Center - 6117 S Kedzie
- Southeast (Atlas) Regional Senior Center - 1767 E 79th St
- Northeast (Levy) Regional Senior Center - 2019 W Lawrence
The hours of operation at these locations is 8:30 until 4:00 Monday through Friday.
Agents can be reached by telephone from 8:30 until 5:00 at 312-913-3110.
Taxi Cab Coupons
In an effort to ensure all residents are able to have transportation available when they need it, Oak Park Township offers taxicab coupons for seniors age 60 and older, as well as for persons with disabilities. Upon proof of age and/or disability, Oak Park residents may purchase one coupon book per month (10 coupons per book) to redeem with Blue and Red Cab Companies.
- Make checks payable to Oak Park Township
- Seniors must present proof of age – government-issued photo ID such as driver’s license, state identification card, or passport
- Persons with a disability must present proof of disability (RTA card, Social Security or Medicare information, veterans validation, or doctor’s validation)
- Coupons redeemable only with Blue Cab and Red Cab companies expire by December 31st of the year issued.
- Taxicab coupon books are available to residents age 60 and older and to persons with disabilities. Coupons are redeemable only with Blue and Red Cab taxi companies.
- Fee / Donation: $6.00 for a book valued at $10.00
Stop into the Township Administration office for more information and to purchase coupons; books may also be mailed upon request.
Oak Park Township
105 S. Oak Park Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
The Township loans out medical equipment such as wheelchairs, canes, walkers, bedside commodes and shower chairs free of charge for as long as the equipment is needed. We also invite donations of gently used medical equipment. For more information on the availability of specific items or to place a request, contact Oak Park Township Reception at (708) 383-8005.
Beyond Hunger (formerly Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry) is located in the lower level of First United Church of Oak Park, 848 Lake Street, Oak Park and provides hunger relief, benefits counseling and nutritional counseling to eligible families living in 12 zip codes in Cook County. For more information, please contact the Food Pantry at (708) 386-1324.
Oak Park Township Senior Services provides meal programs for residents of Oak Park and River Forest age 60 and over, including home delivered meals for those who are homebound and our congregate meals at 130 S Oak Park Ave. For more information, call Township Senior Services at (708) 383-8060.
February 23, 2021 Consolidated Primary Election
|February 23, 2021||Consolidated Primary Election|
|April 6, 2021||Consolidated General Election|
Early Voting and Absentee Ballots
For early voting locations, voters registered in suburban Cook County can visit the Cook County Clerk website. Oak Park residents can also contact the Village Clerk at Oak Park Village Hall, 123 Madison Street, call (708) 358-5670, or visit
www.oak-park.us for more information.
Voting information for upcoming elections will be updated as information becomes available.
A notary public is a person appointed by a state government, whose primary role is to serve the public as an impartial witness when important documents are signed. A notary's main functions are to administer oaths and affirmations, take affidavits and statutory declarations, witness and authenticate the execution of certain classes of documents, and other important functions for the community.
To qualify for Notary Public Services at Oak Park Township, you must be in possession of a valid photo ID with signature.
Person with Disabilities
Residents of Oak Park with a temporary disability may apply for a temporary placard valid for 90 days. Persons with a permanent disability must apply for the permanent placard through the Secretary of State. Applications for both temporary and permanent placards are available at the main Township office reception desk. 105 S. Oak Park Avenue or call 708-383-8005.
and Gift Basket Program
This program provides vouchers for holiday meals, as well as gifts in November and December. Documentation required is a referral from Township General Assistance at (708) 383-8005, or local clergy, based on proof of income and residency.
for Persons with Special Needs
Oak Park residents with special needs can register with the Village to alert first responders in an emergency situation. Persons with a hearing or visual impairment, mobility limitation, cognitive impairment or those that use an electrically powered medical device, can register online at:
A form may be requested via email at email@example.com or by calling (708) 358-5488. All information is kept confidential and should be updated annually.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Gas Sharing
The LIHEAP program helps pay a set portion of heating or electric utility bills on a one-time yearly basis for income-eligible applicants (150% of poverty) or gives the applicant the option to enroll into or recertify in the percentage of income payment plan (PIPP) at certain times during the season. Households in which at least one person is 60 years or older or disabled are given priority processing. Generally, the application process for this program begins on September 1st each year. Call 708-383-8060 for more information or to make an appointment.
Access to Care
Suburban Primary Health Care Council
Oak Park Township is a registration site for the Access to Care program of the Suburban Primary Health Care Council. The program is designed to meet the health care needs of low income individuals and families in suburban Cook County. To qualify, applicants must meet income requirement of 200% of poverty or lower, be ineligible to receive Medicaid or Medicare, and not have insurance through any other carrier. Persons with disabilities who are receiving Social Security or awaiting a letter of award, but not receiving Medicare or Medicaid, are eligible to apply. More information at 105 S. Oak Park Avenue or call 708-383-8005.
Oak Park Township Offices
Parking and Accessibility
Free parking with a limited number of spaces is available for all visitors to the Oak Park Township offices. Below is a summary of features in each building to accommodate individuals with special needs. If you have a disabled parking placard, please display it in your car during your visit to the Township.
Main Township Offices
105 South Oak Park Avenue
- A parking lot is located just south of the building
- 1 designated accessible parking space is available
- The on-street handicap parking space that was in front of the building has been removed to accommodate the bus stop moving slightly further south
Entrances / Exits:
- Automated doors in the front allow accessibility for individuals with wheelchairs
- There are two ADA compatible restrooms marked in braille for the vision-impaired
Senior Services Offices
130 South Oak Park Avenue
- A parking lot is located behind the building on the east side. Enter off of Oak Park Avenue or through the alley entrance on Euclid Avenue, directly east of the building
- 2 designated accessible parking spaces are available
- The vacant lot just north of the building is not available for Township clients and visitors; that lot is privately owned and violators may be towed if they are illegally parked.
Entrances / Exits:
- Automated doors at the front and rear allow accessibility for individuals with wheelchairs
- There are 4 ADA compatible restrooms (2 on each floor) marked in braille for the vision-impaired
- There is an ADA compatible elevator marked with braille for the vision-impaired
Oak Park Township – Transportation
The Oak Park Township Senior Services building located at 130 South Oak Park Avenue has a transportation service available for Oak Park and River Forest residents who are seniors or have a disability to travel curb-to-curb throughout the Oak Park and River Forest area. Please call (708) 383-4806 for more details and at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride. Minibuses are equipped with a lift and can accommodate wheelchairs.