Stress-Busting Program for Family Caregivers
Program for Family Caregivers of People with Alzheimer's Disease or Related Dementias
Spaces filling for the FREE Stress-Busting Workshop for Family Caregivers. The 9-week program for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia starts Wednesday, April 19th at 10am, only 90 minutes per week.
Learn the skills that you need to manage Stress:
- Relaxation and Breathing
The course will help you
- Understand the effects of stress
- Discuss specifically stressful behavior of care recipients
- Take control and set realistic goals for the caregiver and care recipient
- Understand the impact of dementia
The Oak Park and Stickney Townships along with Solutions for Care will be faciliating this workshop.
Dates: Wednesdays, April 19, 2023 - June 14, 2023
Time: 10:00am - 11:30am
Location: 7222 Cermak Rd #200 North Riverside
To register, contact:
- Devin Andrews of Oak Park and River Forest Townships at (708) 725-9116
- Miriam Rico of Solutions for Care at (708) 447-2448 x129
- Sarah Bernhardt-Wasag of Stickney Township at (708) 636-8850 x12
Stickney Township, Oak Park Township, and Solutions for Care do not discriminate in admission to programs or treatment of employment in programs or activities in compliance with the Illinois Human Rights Act, the U.S. Civil Rights Act, and U.S. and Illinois Consitutions. If you feel you have been discriminated against, you have a right to file a complaint with the Illinois Department on Aging.
Funds (in part) for this publication were provided through an award from Age Options under the Title III of the Older Americans Act as administered through the Illinois Department on Aging and Federal Administration on Aging.