MINUTES OF THE GENERAL BOARD MEETING OF THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES HELD TUESDAY, APRIL 11 2023, CONDUCTED IN-PERSON and ELECTRONICALLY.
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Clerk DaToya Burtin-Cox called the meeting to order at 7:43 p.m. and the meeting was conducted in person and electronically. The following participated in-person: Township Manager, Gavin Morgan; Supervisor, Clarmarie Keenan; Trustee, Ade Onayemi; Trustee, Margaret Trybus; Clerk, DaToya Burtin-Cox; Trustee Tim Thomas; Trustee Eric Davis; Cheryl Potts, Director of CMHB; Megan Traficano, Director of Youth & Family Services; and Pamela Mahn, Director of Senior Services. Also present was auditor, Mr. Brian LeFevre.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA
Trustee Davis moved to approve the Consent Agenda. Trustee Trybus seconded the motion. The remaining Board members voted to pass the motion unanimous.
FY 2022 Audit
- Presented by Mr. Lefevre.
- FY2021 Award received for audit success (16th year OPT received award)
- One deficiency found (Review not documented on every transaction). This matter has been discussed with management.
- No findings regarding failure to comply with the law.
- CMHB Director asked question regarding the prepaid lease and how it will be reflected in the audit.
- Mr. LeFevre indicated that the lease will be reviewed.
- Trustee Trybus inquired as to how the auditor can assist the Town Board re: fiscal responsibility.
- Mr. LeFevre indicated that the Board receives monthly budget reports and this information is sufficient for the Board to be fiscally responsible.
- Trustee Davis made a motion to accept the audit, which was seconded by Trustee Onayemi and passed unanimously by the Board.
Youth and Family Services Budget
- Manager/Department still verifying the final FY23 actuals.
- Manager Morgan needs names from Board. He has received two names.
- Manager Morgan sent existing policies that address communications to the Board as information.
- Manager Morgan recommends removing policy statements from the plan and include references to existing policies.
- Supervisor Keenan asked that the communication by employees be consistent.
FY23 Audit to begin soon
- Final audit will e available at the August/September Board meeting.
- New materials available
- Short Impact Piece
- Trustee Trybus asked that the stock photos be replaced with Oak Park images
- Triennial Re-Assessment post cards will be sent to the public.
- Website revamp kick-off to happen soon.
Acknowledged the turnout at the meeting and applauded the sharing of information
Commented on Communications plan and the need for all employees to speak the Township language.
- Trustee Davis inquired whether the Supervisor was concerned about staff not conscious/consistent with being part of the Township.
- Supervisor Keenan wants staff to be advocates for the Township.
- Trustee Trybus indicated that Township staff should look at needs in relation to individual needs, team needs, and organizational needs.
Wednesday Journal article re: alternate task force
5/8 move to CRC, and 5/21 ribbon cutting
5/24 50th anniversary
Senior Services (Pam Mahn)
Planning for annual report
Training new Assistant to the Director
Work on quarter report to Age Options
5/11-5/18/2023 is Celebrating Seniors Week
Trustee Thomas indicated Thank you
Trustee Davis indicated that he was sad to see Mr. Fox no longer w/ OPT
Youth and Family Services Committee
Served 1,000 kids and families in FY23
Committee members still trying to complete site visits 3
Hygiene closet is successful at library, hoping to duplicate at the Community Rec Center
School supply drive distribution 8/11/23
Trustee Onayemi moved to adjourn at 8:55 pm; Trustee Trybus seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
The next meeting of the Oak Park Township Board of Trustees will be The Annual Township Meeting followed by a Regular Board of Trustees Meeting conducted in-person and/or electronically among Board members on Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at 7:00 pm at the Township Senior Center locate at 130 S. Oak Park, Ave, Oak Park, IL.
Respectfully submitted by
and recorded in the office of
/s/ DaToya Burtin-Cox
DaToya Burtin-Cox, Clerk