MINUTES OF THE GENERAL BOARD MEETING OF THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES HELD TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 2023, CONDUCTED IN-PERSON and ELECTRONICALLY.
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Clerk DaToya Burtin-Cox called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m., and the meeting was conducted in person and electronically. The following participated in person: Township Manager Gavin Morgan; Supervisor Clarmarie Keenan; Trustee Ade Onayemi; Trustee Margaret Trybus; Clerk DaToya Burtin-Cox; Trustee Eric Davis; and Ashley Elane, Communications and Engagement Coordinator.
Trustee Tim Thomas and CMHB Director Cheryl Potts participated electronically
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA
Trustee Davis moved to approve the Consent Agenda, and trustee Trybus seconded the motion. Board members voted to pass the motion unanimously.
- budget line items to note:
- personnel budget slightly over due to overtime
- 4% increase in FY 2024 – follows OPT staff increases
- outsourced services
- noncapital (furniture/equipment) up due to move to CRC
- Dues to organizations are down
- legal costs – always included in budget, although not necessarily used
- FY2024 cost changes
- A Prepaid lease at CRC reduces rent payments.
- The net reduction in administrative costs due to wrap-up of the strategic plan
- Decreased spending by $20,000 (reallocated money in 2023)
- Budget of 1.87 million in 2024
- TOI Webinar attended by Manager Morgan, Supervisor Keenan, and Trustee Trybus
- TOI has created Templates and published a White Paper
- Opportunity to showcase OPT.
- Board needs to identify community committee participants (require at least 2 participants)
- Supervisor Keenan is interested in learning OPT effectiveness in the community and what has been done for the community.
- Trustee Trybus stated the report should toot the horn of the Township and discuss the Township’s high level of accountability.
- Show how township can grow.
- Target who we serve.
- Brainstorm what Township wants from the report.
- The committee must meet three times.
- The public is invited to complete a survey after each meeting.
- The report should include a complaint and how the township remedied the situation.
Vehicle maintenance contract
- Attorney and insurance have been contacted and discussed language to the modified Village contract terms.
- Construction will not be done in time for election.
- Move polling place to 130 S Oak Park Ave
Communications and Engagement Coordinator
- Ashley Elane
- Working on the continuation of rebranding
- Developing communication plan for OPT
- Building website
- Trustee Trybus invited Communication and Engagement Coordinator to the committee meetings.
DEI effort reboot
- Developing a new steering committee
- Trustee Trybus asked whether the DEI plan will be tied into the Strategic Plan/OPT vision, mission, and value statements.
OPT is working on re-evaluation or hiring finance services.
Doug Wyman (longtime volunteer/OPT supporter) passed away
Decennial Committee is an essential task of the township.
- Identifies what we are and what we will be.
Cheney Mansion -50th Anniversary
- 5/24 (5-7 pm)
Alternative call response task force
- Developing response models
- Drafting recommendations and looking for public comments
- Reviewing strategic plan
- Making the community aware that CMHB is working with schools.
- Working on community awareness goals
- Grant requests
- Respite care
- Committee discussing budget limits.
- D97 - money for the Mindfulness program is down.
- Looking for schools to pick up the reduced funding.
- Funding for seniors
- PEARLS – mental Health component that addresses depression.
- 2 ½ months of operating expenses in fund balance brings CMHB into their policy limits
CMHB shared their strategic plan.
Youth and Family Services Committee
3/1 next meetings
- Review RFP
Need two committee members.
- Advertise over the next few weeks Received 14 proposals for grants.
Trustee Onayemi moved to adjourn at 8:30 pm; Trustee Trybus seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
The next meeting of the Oak Park Township Board of Trustees will be a Regular Board of Trustees Meeting conducted in-person and/or electronically among Board members on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at 7pm at the Township Senior Center located at 130 S. Oak Park, Ave, Oak Park, IL.
Respectfully submitted by
and recorded in the office of
/s/ DaToya Burtin-Cox
DaToya Burtin-Cox, Clerk