MINUTES OF THE GENERAL BOARD MEETING OF THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES HELD TUESDAY, January 10 2023, CONDUCTED IN-PERSON and ELECTRONICALLY.
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Clerk DaToya Burtin-Cox called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. and the meeting was conducted in person. The following participated in-person: Township Manager, Gavin Morgan; and Township Attorney, John Garofalo; Clerk, DaToya Burtin-Cox; Supervisor, Clarmarie Keenan; Trustee, Tim Thomas; Trustee, Eric Davis; Trustee, Ade Onayemi; and Trustee, Margaret Trybus.
Oak Park resident and OPRFHS student, Jacob Drews of 911 Forest Ave. Made an oral public comment pushing for a referendum to be placed on the April general election ballot. The referendum was regarding Oak Park residents being allowed to propose and/or reform ordinances by referendum.
The Board informed the constituent that the referendum needed to go through the proper proses to get on the ballot.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA
Trustee Davis moved to approve the Township Minutes from December 20, 2022 and Bill Audit for period of 12/17/22 to 12/30/22. Trustee Onayemi seconded the motion. The remaining Board members voted to pass the motion unanimously.
Vehicle Maintenance Agreement with the Village
- Manager Morgan indicated that he spoke with the Village and was informed that the language in the IGA was standard.
- Attorney Garofalo reached out to the Village attorney and has not had the opportunity to speak with anyone.
- Berwyn Auto would like Township vehicles removed
- The village IGA would charge Township $99/hr; other locations have a rate of $200/hr
- Supervisor Keenan indicated that the language in IGA should reflect that the vehicles are owned by Township.
- Concerned as a OPT resident
- Trustee Davis inquired whether Township could enter into “As needed” Agreement with Village until language in IGA worked out.
- Attorney Garofalo recommend signing IGA as written. Indicates that OPT/clients still have remedies against Village in case issues arise.
- Manager Morgan indicate that his concern is with scenario where there is issue with vehicle maintenance.
- Trustee Thomas reiterated this concern.
- Supervisor Keenan indicated that clause 2 of IGA has a limitation of work provision.
- Attorney Garofalo indicates that clause does not limit OPT ability to seek services elsewhere.
- Supervisor Keenan asked about services through Elmwood Park/ other communities.
- Manager Morgan will inquire
- Trustee Thomas suggested business Auto Experts on East and Roosevelt
Local Government Efficiency
- Trustee Trybus indicated that Township Official of Illinois is hosting a webinar to learn about the Gov. Efficiencies Regulation.
- Manager Morgan indicated that the TOI conference hosted a breakout session on the matter but that there were still question about the regulation.
- Attorney Garofalo inquired about the webinar.
- All Staff Mtg focused on connection.
- Mostly in-person
- Promote team culture
- Trustee Davis inquired about staff culture since training
- Manager Morgan stated that Affinity Groups have been formed and OPT has been responsive to requests.
- Trustee Trybus inquired about Diversity Committee.
- Manager Morgan indicated that the committee has not met in a few months
- Committee is in the process of developing an action plan.
- Trustee Davis inquire about expanding the name of Senior Services since they are also providing services for disabled and work on communicating Township services.
- Supervisor Keenan indicated that new Communication Director will assist with this task.
- Trustee Trybus inquired about website development.
- Manager Morgan indicated that the development has been stalled during Communication Director transition.
- Trustee Davis inquired about employs thoughts on communication of services.
- Manager Morgan indicated that this has not be documented.
- Trustee Trybus inquired about how often manger meet.
- Manger Morgan indicated managers meet 2x per month.
- Trustee Davis requested a Qualitative Report from Manager.
- Trustees indicated conversation on staff was informative.
- Manager Morgan indicated that OPT construction has been stalled past 2 week but that Kim Henry is on top of it.
- Manager Morgan suggested an Impact Report for Annual Meeting.
- Trustee Trybus suggest that Township work with TOI on annual scholarship.
- Happy New Year
- Expressed pride in OPT staff
- 1.8 million in funds requested.
- Will grant approximately 1.2 million.
- CMHB is visiting sites.
- Seeking input for Strategic statement (cover 2 yrs.; ’24-’26)
- 1/19 -community
- 1/25 – service providers
- candidate forum (2/4/23 @ 1:30 pm) at Senior Service Bldg.
- Trustee Davis to discuss relationship between Board and staff.
- Trustee Thomas volunteered to speak.
Committee dinner 1/18/23 at Solernos.
- Contractors night was last week (in-person and virtually).
- 8 contractors were present.
- Director went over the terms of the RFP.
- Some concern about the reduction in the amount of the grants.
- Reduced to spread out the money according to bard request.
- Director indicated that Township wanted to wean recipients.
- Trustee Trybus inquired whether contractor will provide parent services.
- Trustee Onayemi said yes.
Trustee Onayemi moved to adjourn at 8:43 pm; Supervisor Keenan seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
The next meeting of the Oak Park Township Board of Trustees will be a Regular Board of Trustees Meeting conducted in-person and/or electronically among Board members on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at 7pm at the Township Senior Center locate at 130 S. Oak Park, Ave, Oak Park, IL.
Respectfully submitted by
and recorded in the office of
/s/ DaToya Burtin-Cox
DaToya Burtin-Cox, Clerk