Oak Park Township Job Opening | Assistant to Senior Services Director
Oak Park, Illinois – Oak Park Township is seeking a Full-Time Assistant to the Director with a background in social services to provide support and assistance to the Senior Services Director for oversight of the department, maintain workflow with the supervisory team, represent the department to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure updated departmental and program information.
The mission of Senior Services is to enhance the quality of life for seniors and people with disabilities in our community by providing a broad array of supportive services that promote the values of independence, self-esteem, and dignity.
Key components of the role include compiling information, planning, budgeting, organizing, reporting, quality assurance, formulating policies and procedures and strategizing with the team.
The position requires a Master’s degree in gerontology, public administration or related field and two (2) years administration, management, and supervisory experience; or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with four to five (3-5) years administration, management, and supervisory experience.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Furnishing information or directing inquiries regarding service and program administration
- Budgeting, reconciling, and reporting with an emphasis on quality assurance and meeting the financial and service requirements as set forth by local, state, and federal funders
- Office management, organizational skills, event coordination, and the ability to prioritize and troubleshoot problem situations
- Supervising, training, and managing staff, including supervising staff in absence of Director
- A proven track record of working independently, collaborating in a team, or leading work in a group
- Collaborating with staff and representing the needs of department for various situations including creation, design & ordering of printed material, web content, and social media posts
- Selection process may consist of application reviews, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation.
For more information on the Oak Park Township and Senior Services and a complete job description, please visit: http://www.oakparktownship.org/employment.
Position open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Pamela Mahn, Senior Services Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release date: December 27, 2022