CONTACT: Gavin Morgan, Oak Park Township Manager
OAK PARK TOWNSHIP REOPENING PLAN
For Immediate Release: June 15, 2020
Oak Park Township is evaluating all service areas and the need to have additional staff on-site. We will gradually allow the public to access services in-person as the State moves into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan. Oak Park Township will continue to follow developments related to COVID-19 and the guidance of the Village of Oak Park Public Health Department as well as state and federal officials to ensure the health and safety of staff, volunteers and clients. We thank our residents for their patience and cooperation.
As the Township often deals with the most vulnerable in our community, we will be re-opening carefully and strategically with directives from OSHA, CDC, IDOA, IDPH, AgeOptions, and the Village of Oak Park. The State is currently in Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan, which limits gatherings to 10 people or less. When possible, we ask that residents utilize our services remotely, by phone or email. If it is necessary to come in to the Township offices, visitors should 1) call ahead to make an appointment, 2) expect to be screened for COVID-19 risk, including a temperature check, 3) wear a face mask covering nose and mouth, and 4) use hand sanitizer or wash hands before and after coming to the building.
For more updates from the Oak Park Township, please visit our website on a regular basis and follow our Facebook page. Information on available programs and services offered by the Township are listed below.
Senior Services – 708-383-8060; Transportation – 708-383-4806; https://oakparktownship.org/senior-services/
- Meal services (home-delivered and take-out) offered through June
- Care coordination and case management
- Adult protective services, money management, Options Counseling, general referrals
- Transportation to dialysis and medical appointments – 708-383-4806
- Older Adults Benefits programs, such as Senior Health Insurance Program
- Support Groups – Memory Café, Caregivers
- Dine-out coupons to local restaurants
Youth Services – 708-445-2727; https://oakparktownship.org/youth-services/
- Youth Interventionists may be reached M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Community outreach at events and in public areas
- Case Management for individuals and families
- Financial Assistance Scholarships for income-qualified students to attend activities and programs; please apply online or call for information
- Girls on the Rise – custom curriculum for middle-school students
Community Mental Health Board – 708-358-8855; https://oakparktownship.org/community-mental-health/
- The Community Mental Health Board of the Oak Park Township updates a resource guide weekly that offers information to access services for mental health, substance abuse, shelter and food, senior services, and support groups.
- Comprehensive social services searchable database available at https://healthconnectionhub.org/
General Assistance – 708-383-8005; https://oakparktownship.org/general-assistance/
- Financial assistance for qualified unemployed individuals that do not receive government-sponsored assistance.
- Financial assistance for applicants of SSI or SSDI who are awaiting approval
Administrative Assistance – 708-383-8005; https://oakparktownship.org/administrative-services/
- Appointment-only services including notary, cab coupons, RTA applications, voter registration
- Medical equipment donations and borrowing; please call ahead to make a request or drop off equipment
Assessor Services – 708-383-8005; https://oakparktownship.org/assessor-services/
- Appointment -only and by telephone - Processing exemption applications, Certificates of Error and answering general questions on property taxes
Prevention Services – 708-383-8005; https://oakparktownship.org/prevention-services/
- The FACE-IT program will resume in Fall 2020
- Communications Campaigns available online
- Support4U texting
- Parent University is planned for Fall 2020
# # #