Effective June 2020, the cooling center at Oak Park Township Senior Services Center, 130 S. Oak Park Avenue, is unavailable.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have suspended operating as a cooling center until the dining room provision of congregate meal service is reinstated. Please click here for the Senior Services webpage for future updates. Please follow these suggested tips from the Cook County Emergency Management Service and check with local agencies for alternative cooling center sites:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Try to stay in the shade or indoors as much as possible
- If working outside, take frequent breaks, preferably in an air-conditioned space
- Check on elderly neighbors and those with functional needs
- Take pets indoors and make sure they have plenty of water
- Never leave children or pets unattended in a vehicle.
Thank you for your patience during this time.