COVID-19 Message on Program Updates from Oak Park Township Senior Services
PLEASE READ! AN IMPORTANT COVID-19 MESSAGE
ON PROGRAM UPDATES FROM OAK PARK TOWNSHIP
March 24, 2020
Dear Senior Residents of Oak Park and River Forest Townships:
Oak Park Township and River Forest Township collaborate to support our older adult residents. We hold your health and safety in highest regard during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Township Senior Services continues to provide services to seniors in both communities, even though offices are closed to the public.
If you are an older adult needing services, please contact Township Senior Services at
(708) 383-8060. A helpful staff member will be able to assist you.
Although on-site dining and group activities are suspended, Township Senior Services is continuing the following:
- Lunch program meals, available for pickup in the parking lot at the 130 S. Oak Park Avenue building, Monday to Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.,
- Home delivered meals, with delivery modifications to protect workers, volunteers and clients,
- Senior bus transportation, by appointment (708-383-4806), for dialysis and medical appointments, with verbal health pre-screening,
- Care management team to help the most vulnerable seniors and their caregivers
- Trained specialist support for questions on Medicare, Medicaid and other benefits
- Information team to assist with info requests and referrals.
**Please note: Onsite availability and frequency of these services are subject to change based upon direction from local, state and federal officials.
We have created, in partnership with the Park District of Oak Park, an on-line portal for volunteers to sign up to help us meet the essential needs of seniors. If interested in volunteering with Oak Park Township Senior Services, please go to the Oak Park COVID-19 Community Response Volunteer Interest survey at https://bit.ly/399p9zW.
Volunteers and staff are helping us to enhance our ongoing services to older adults in Oak Park and River Forest to include:
- Pick up and drop off of groceries and other items, snow removal, trash/recycling to alley or curb, pet care and other non-direct contact needs that may be more challenging, given the current situation.
- Partnering with the YMCA and Housing Forward to provide meals to seniors they are serving.
- Partnering with Beyond Hunger to provide groceries on a monthly basis.
The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township and Oak Park & River Forest Townships put together this comprehensive resource guide: bit.ly/oprfguide of Social Services available in the community that is updated on a regular basis as services and service delivery changes, which is happening as the situation changes. We are also convening regular conference calls with direct providers, funding agencies, other local governments (including the Village), and other interested organizations (arts, business, etc.) and will continue to do so as the situation transitions from response to recovery.
Please know that we are here to support your needs during the extraordinary times brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. We are here to help you, just give us a call at 708-383-8060!
Oak Park Township Senior Services