September 10, 2019 Approved Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES HELD TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2019, AT OAK PARK TOWNSHIP HALL, 105 SOUTH OAK PARK AVENUE, OAK PARK, ILLINOIS
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Supervisor Keenan called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. On the call of the roll the following were present: Supervisor Clarmarie Keenan, Trustees Ade Onayemi, Margaret Trybus, Eric Davis, Michelle Mbekeani-Wiley and Clerk Gregory White. Township Manager Gavin Morgan and Attorney John Garofalo were also present.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA
Trustee Trybus moved to approve the Consent Agenda, including the Minutes of the August 20, 2019 Regular Board of Trustees Meeting; Minutes of the August 20, 2019 Special Joint Meeting of the CMHB and Town Board; and Township bills for the period August 17, 2019 through September 6, 2019. Trustee Onayemi seconded the motion which passed unanimously, except for Trustee Davis, who abstained because he was
not present for the meetings.
Trustee Onayemi moved to approve the Minutes of the August 20, 2019 Town Board/CMHB Joint Executive Session Meeting, and August 20, 2019 Township Board Executive Session Meeting. Trustee Trybus seconded the motion which passed unanimously, except for Trustee Davis, who abstained because he was not present forthe meetings.
PlanItGreen REPORT CARD PRESENTATION
Gary Cuneen of Seven Generations Ahead, gave a presentation to the Board featuring an overview of PlanItGreen, Climate Crisis Content, and 9 topic areas and key factors reporting on Oak Park’s and River Forest’s progress to date. He also shared recommendations for the Township’s next steps moving forward, and answered questions from Board members on community sustainability.
APPROVAL OF YOUTH SERVICES DATABASE PURCHASE
Board members discussed a memorandum from Youth Services Director Megan Traficano recommending that Youth Services, specifically the Youth Interventionist Program, transition to the use of KaleidaCare, a Case Management and Reporting Software Solution database to store client and program information. Her memo provided a written response to questions posed by the Board at the previous meeting regarding
the purchase of this new system.
Trustee Davis moved to approve the purchase of KaleidaCare Care Management and Reporting Solution, a database to store client and program information. Trustee Onayemi seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
- Manager Morgan shared an outline for the discussion of a proposed phone policy for Township staff and possibly Board members who are issued cell phones to assist with work duties and to comply with FOIA requirements. The policy will also address on-call duties, which are required for two Senior Services programs. Board members were requested to forward comments or suggestions to Mr. Morgan by September 17 to enable him to draft a policy for approval at the September 24 Board Meeting.
- Discussion was also held on a draft of a Confidentiality/Non-compete agreement for senior Township employees performing outside paid services similar to those of the Township.
TOWNSHIP MANAGER’S REPORT
Township Manager Gavin Morgan reported the following items to the Board:
- The Early Childhood Collaboration is investigating federal funding for a Foster Grandparents program, and has invited the Township to be a partner. Mr. Morgan will send a link to Board members for a YouTube video about the program.
- Mr. Morgan submitted the recent PDF Report/Flyer to the Township Officials of Illinois “Mighty Message” contest. He also submitted the Social Media posts for Youth Services’ recent “Back to School” event, giving backpacks and school supplies to needy families.
- The revised Background Check Policy for prospective new employees has been implemented.
Supervisor Keenan reported the following items to the Board:
- An informational presentation on the effects of Vaping will be given on September 28 from 9-10:30 a.m. at the Senior Services Dining Area.
- Board members were encouraged to attend the Township Officials of Illinois Fall Conference in Springfield November 10-12.
- The next IGOV public forum will be held on Saturday, October 26.
- The Township again had a table and staff volunteers at this year’s BarrieFest, which was very successful.
- Financial information and reporting for Celebrating Seniors is being requested by supporters to assure compliance with reporting requirements.
Trustee Davis reported on the August 10 IGOV Meeting. Unfortunately, the Village of Oak Park did not have a representative in attendance and the meeting was a discussion, due to lack of a quorum. Discussion focused on the planned October 26 Public Forum to address citizen concerns on taxation in Oak Park. Senator Don Harmon and County Assessor Fritz Kaegi have been invited to the forum.
Trustee Onayemi moved to enter Executive Session to discuss a personnel issue at 8:26 p.m. Trustee Trybus seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
The Board returned to open session at 8:37 p.m.
The next meeting of the Oak Park Township Board of Trustees will be a Regular Board of Trustees Meeting, at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 8, 2019, at the Oak Park Township Hall, 105 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park, IL.
Trustee Onayemi moved to adjourn at 8:38 p.m. Trustee Trybus seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by and recorded in the office of
Gregory White, Township Clerk