March 26, 2019 Approved Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES HELD TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019, AT THE OAK PARK TOWNSHIP HALL, 105 SOUTH OAK PARK AVENUE, OAK PARK, ILLINOIS
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Supervisor Keenan called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. On the call of the roll the following were present: Supervisor Clarmarie Keenan, Trustees Ade Onayemi, Eric Davis, Margaret Trybus and Clerk Gregory White. Township Manager Gavin Morgan and Attorney John Garofalo were also present. Trustee Michelle Mbekeani-Wiley was absent.
APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA
Trustee Davis moved to approve the Consent Agenda, including the Minutes of the March 12, 2019 Regular Board of Trustees Meeting; March 12, 2019 Executive Session Meeting; and Township bills for the period March 9, 2019 through March 22, 2019. Trustee Onayemi seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
PRESENTATION BY EARLY CHILDHOOD COLLABORATION
John Borrero, Executive Director of the Collaboration for Early Childhood, gave a presentation to the Board on recent activities of the Collaboration. He explained the programs it employs to assist families and others in addressing the needs of young children in the community. He also highlighted future goals for the Collaboration, including a community visioning process. Mr. Borrero then answered questions from Board members, who also thanked him for his presentation.
INTRODUCTION OF NEW YOUTH SERVICES DIRECTOR
Supervisor Keenan introduced Megan Traficano as the new Township Youth Services Director. She was hired following an extensive series of interviews of applicants. Ms. Traficano is reviewing goals, mission and vision, and marketing of Township Youth Services.
APPROVAL OF TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL POLICY
Manager Morgan shared a memorandum with Board members with proposed changes to the Personnel Policy, after discussion and input from Board members at previous meetings.
Trustee Davis moved to approve the OAK PARK TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL POLICY FOR 2019. Trustee Trybus seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
TOWNSHIP MANAGER’S REPORT
- Manager Morgan reported that the contract with Housing Forward will be submitted at the April 9 Board Meeting.
- The Youth Services Committee will also present their contract recommendations to the Board at the April 9 Meeting. This year’s Celebrating Seniors Proclamation will also be presented.
- The Township Annual Report will be distributed at this year’s Annual Town Meeting on April 9.
Supervisor Keenan reported the following items to the Board:
- Board members were reminded of the Annual Town Meeting on April 9.
- The Financial Advisory Committee had a productive meeting on March 25, and will be meeting again in May.
- An agreement for Maya del Sol’s use of the Township Parking Lot has been approved.
- A Celebrating Seniors Dinner will be held at Concordia University on May 9. Also, a Pro Musica Concert will be held and is open to the public on May 11.
Clerk White reported that the Township Board Room will be used as a Polling Place for April 2 Consolidated Elections. Board members were reminded to file their Statements of Economic Interest with the Cook County Clerk by May 1.
The next meeting of the Oak Park Township Board of Trustees will be the Annual Town Meeting, immediately followed by a Regular Board of Trustees Meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, 2019, at the Oak Park Township Senior Services, 130 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park, IL.
Trustee Onayemi moved to adjourn at 8:06 p.m. Trustee Davis seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by
and recorded in the office of
Gregory White, Township Clerk