Welcome to Oak Park Township, Illinois
Oak Park Township at 105 S. Oak Park Avenue is open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with limited services to the public.
Limited In-Person Services Available at 105 Township Building; Facemasks Required
Limited services, including notarizing documents, RTA applications, medical equipment lending, and taxi coupon distribution are available at our 105 S. Oak Park Avenue Township location. In Oak Park, all individuals over the age of two who can medically tolerate a face covering are required to wear one while in Village municipal buildings, which includes Oak Park Township. The mask requirement is an official order from the Village of Oak Park Public Health Department dated June 11, 2021 as well as the Governor's mandate issued on August 26, 2021.
- If you are sick, please stay home and call us at 708-383-8005; we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
- If you need a facemask, one will be provided. We also have hand sanitizer and are cleaning commonly touched surfaces on a regular basis.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place. We have installed protective barriers in several areas to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Please call 708-383-8005 for general information as well as appointments for General Assistance and the Assessor’s office.
Senior Services Center at 130 S. Oak Park Avenue Open to Township Employees
Please call 708-383-8060 to request services from our Senior Services staff. We are limiting visits from the general public as per local guidance. Please see our website calendar for monthly activities.
Current information about available Oak Park Township services may be found at this link: https://oakparktownship.org/2021/09/oak-park-township-updates-september-1-2021/
Elected Officials and Board Meetings
Oak Park Township is governed by an independently elected Township Board of Trustees. The Township Board consists of the Township Supervisor and four Trustees, elected at large from the township. The Clerk and Assessor are elected simultaneously with the Board. The Assessor does not vote. The Township Clerk votes only in the case of a tie vote to fill a vacancy in a township office.
All are welcome to board meetings. Board documents may be found at the following link: https://oakparktownship.org/board-agendas-finances/.
Current Oak Park Township Elected Officials and Appointed Officers:
To contact any of the Township Elected Officials please use our Contact Us Online Form and select "Board of Trustees".
Providing locally-governed supportive services to our community.
To be a well-known and respected community partner and the leading provider of proactive, responsive and relevant supportive services for all residents at every stage of life.
We accept our responsibility to manage and preserve the resources entrusted to us to provide equitable and accessible services for all residents of Oak Park.
We are a community of professionals dedicated to the dignity and well-being of all of the residents of Oak Park regardless of their means, backgrounds, or abilities.
We act in the best interests of each other and all of our residents by responding with respect, empathy, compassion, and professionalism.
Would You Like to Join Us?
The Oak Park Township established a fund in partnership with the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation, a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, to accept and manage tax-deductible charitable contributions which further the Township's mission.
Donations can be made in the following ways:
1) Mail checks made payable to Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation.
Add OP Township in the memo section
Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation
Attn: Carrie Summy
1049 Lake St #204
Oak Park, IL 60301
2) Click the online link "Donate" above and enter a credit card or e-check (you will be directed to the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation’s secure site)
3) To contribute gifts of appreciated securities, make a bequest through a will or trust, or inquire about ways to give, please call Carrie Summy, Philanthropic Advisor, Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation: 708-848-1560